Sunday, September 16, 2007

Is there a Cure for ADHD?

At the moment, there is no cure for ADHD. The treatment involves stimulant drugs to relieve the symptoms of ADHD. Research shows that heavy long term benefits of medications are very limited. Parents must be advised on the side effects of the medication.

Millions of parents across the United States are virtually frantic over the fact that not only have their children been diagnosed as having ADD or ADHD, but the prescribed treatment usually consist of powerful stimulant drugs such as Ritalin, Dexedrine and Cylert. However, these drugs are strictly for prescription by doctors only and are not available over the counter. But many parents, including myself, have the constant, gnawing and disturbing sense of feeling trapped within a very bad situation.

“If I don’t avail my child of these prescribed drugs… What else can I do that will help? If I keep my child on the drugs, I am forced to watch the frequent side effects taking their toll… on my child’s health and on the peace within my family!”

No comments: